Super Lawyers Ranking Recognizes Dozen Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP Attorneys
The legal rating service Super Lawyers selects the most outstanding lawyers from more than 70 different practice areas who have attained significant peer recognition and professional achievement. Only five percent of the lawyers in each particular state are selected for inclusion among these distinguished ranks.
Seven DHC lawyers were ranked as “Super Lawyers” and six younger practitioners earned the label “Rising Stars” in the legal community.
“We are proud that so many of our attorneys have achieved this significant recognition by their peers in the legal profession,” said Jeffrey Citron, Co-Managing Partner at Davidoff Hutcher & Citron. “This is yet another validation of the highly impactful legal work Davidoff Hutcher & Citron provides to its clients.”
To earn a place on the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers list, attorneys must be nominated by a peer or identified by the Super Lawyer researchers. They are evaluated by superlawyers.com based on professional achievement, including verdicts and settlements, experience, special certifications, pro bono service, scholarly writings, among other criteria. They are then further vetted via peer review by legal practice area.
DHC’s Super Lawyers recipients of 2017 are:
- Larry Hutcher, the firm’s Co-Managing Partner and a corporate litigator;
- Robert J. Lewis, a Partner in the Family Law practice group who handles matrimonial matters involving high net worth individuals;
- Elliot H. Lutzker, Chair of DHC’s Corporate Law practice group whose work has covered a spectrum of SEC matters and corporate law;
- Malcolm S. Taub, Co-Chair of DHC’s Divorce and Family Law practice group and a prominent expert on Art Law;
- Howard S. Weiss, Chair of the firm’s Land Use practice group and a Partner in the Government Affairs practice group who guides prominent real estate clients through New York City’s intricate land use process;
- Michael Wexelbaum, a Partner and civil litigator who has prosecuted and defended many highly complex corporate lawsuits; and
- Derek Wolman, Chair of DHC’s Restaurant & Hospitality practice group and Co-Chair of the firm’s Health Law practice group.
Super Lawyers Rising Stars go through the same evaluation process and must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
The DHC Super Lawyers Rising Stars of 2017 are:
- Ron J. Mandel, a Partner in the Real Estate-Zoning practice group advocating before regulatory agencies on behalf of major developers and institutions;
- Maria F. Galante, an Associate who focuses on Trust and Estates, Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Estate Litigation, and Elder Law;
- Eve F. Helitzer, a Divorce and Family Law practitioner;
- Michael D. Katz, an Associate in the Commercial Litigation practice group;
- Andrew Rafalaf, a Hospitality Law practitioner working with some of New York’s most notable nightlife and entertainment entrepreneurs; and
- Steven John Sedereas, an Associate in DHC’s Corporate and Real Estate practice groups.
Davidoff, Hutcher & Citron LLP is a full-service corporate law and government relations firm with 60 lawyers and offices in Manhattan, Albany, Long Island and Washington, D.C. Its clientele includes Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, financial institutions, intellectual property owners, major real estate owners and developers, health industry leaders and companies and executives in the fashion industry.
# # #