Larry Hutcher is a Co-Founder and Co-Managing Partner of DHC where he has spent his entire legal career. Using his formidable litigation insight to best serve his client’s interests, Mr. Hutcher concentrates on representing business owners and high net worth individuals in solving their business issues. Throughout his illustrious career, Larry has built a reputation as a ‘lawyer’s lawyer’, being straightforward and direct in his counsel – a quality greatly appreciated by his clients.
With extensive experience in commercial law and litigation, Mr. Hutcher has tried cases in both State and Federal Courts, as well as arbitration proceedings throughout the United States. Larry has particular expertise in “business divorce”, representing equity holders (majority and minority) and partners (including lawyers and doctors) in the resolution of ownership disputes and other intra-corporate issues. Larry also represents clients in a multitude of transactions including buy-sell of businesses, employment agreements, and shareholder and operating agreements.
Additionally, Larry Hutcher has significant experience in real estate litigation representing developers and condominium/co-op owners in complicated real estate disputes, as well as issues affecting the restaurant industry in New York City.
Notable Recent Cases:
- Representation of numerous partners of law firms (and in particular personal injury firms) regarding their rights as partners including the removal of partners and the dissolution of the firm.
- Representation of owners in partnership dispute concerning international diamond conglomerate.
- Representation of major real estate developer against international bank concerning real estate loan documents.
- Representation of founder and minority owner of dental implant company in shareholder dispute.
- Representation of a major private equity firm in connection with the enforcement of their rights as minority stockholders.
- Representation of the owner/operator of commercial buildings in Manhattan and Brooklyn concerning issues affecting their properties.
- Defended client in legal fee dispute which involved discovery of gross overcharging by the law firm, DLA Piper.
- Representation of large franchise operator of restaurants in various issues including wrongful termination of franchise agreements and employment disputes and claims.
- Representation of commercial bakery in sale of business.
- The American Lawyer
- New York Times
- New York Post
- New York Daily News
- New York Law Journal
- Real Estate Weekly
- NYSBA N.Y. Real Property Law Journal