Daniel Goldenberg joined Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP in 2021 as a litigation associate. His areas of expertise include commercial, construction, and real estate litigation, as well as not-for-profit governance. He participated in all phases of litigation before New York State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts, including conducting virtual trials since the onset of COVID-19.
Daniel tries specific performance actions, partnership dissolutions, adjoining property conflicts, and, most notably, a nationally recognized dispute concerning the congressional intent of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit statute. His additional skills include counseling large New York City property owners and management companies, reviewing institutional operating agreements, drafting access agreements, negotiating commercial and residential leases, and reviewing structural drawings in cooperation with engineers and architects. Daniel is fluent in Russian.
Prior to joining DHC, Daniel was a litigation associate at Goldberg Weprin Finkel Goldstein LLP.
- 2520 Jerome Ave., LLC v Corp. of Rector, 185 AD3d 439 (1st Dept. 2020)
- Riseboro Community Partn. Inc. v. SunAmerica Hous. Fund No. 682, 2019 WL 3753795 (E.D.N.Y. Aug. 7, 2019)
- New York State Homeless Hous. and Assistance Corp., v. TAFSC Hous. Dev. Fund Corp., Third Ave. Fam. Serv. Ctr., et al., 2018 WL 4501943 (1st Dept. 2018)
- 227–229 East 14th Street Housing Development Fund Corp. v. Vaknine, 2017 WL 2828698 (N.Y. Sup. 2017)
Classes & Seminars
- CLE Instructor, Force Majeure in Time of COVID-19, June 2020
- Speaker, Webinar: The Emerging Issues In The Expiring-Use Affordability Crisis, January & March 2019
- Speaker, HDFCs 101: Panel discussion on various issues facing HDFCs, February 2017
- Speaker, The Brownfields Program: How to Develop Brownfield Sites for Affordable Housing, April 2017
- Holocaust Art/Property Restitution
- Jewish Law Students Association, President
- Louis D. Brandeis National Center for Human Rights
- Founder of BLS Chapter NYCLA
- T.A. for Business Management
- Hillel of Baruch