Benjamin Noren is the Associate Chair of DHC’s Labor and Employment group and concentrates his practice on litigating, counseling, and advising businesses and individuals in various industries. His expertise is in a wide range of labor and employment and commercial litigation matters, including wage and hour claims, sexual harassment, retaliation, and discrimination claims before federal and state courts. Mr. Noren has represented clients at the administrative and agency level, including investigations before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, and New York State Division of Human Rights. Mr. Noren has represented, among others:
- a Government Agency facing allegations under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII, Federal Whistleblower Act, and related state-based human rights laws, successfully obtaining a full dismissal on Summary Judgment.
- a restaurant group facing allegations of pregnancy discrimination by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, procuring a positive settlement.
- a security company charged with violations of the National Labor Relations Act, and convincing the National Labor Relations Board to drop the investigation.
- a law firm at trial, successfully defending a former partner’s breach of contract claims;
- a nationwide honey manufacturer against deceptive marketing claims;
- a Governmental Agency in a trial in the EDNY relating to claims that its police force used excessive force in an arrest;
- a property owner, whose property had been physically damaged when a plane failed to take-off at an airport due to an unscrupulous pan to falsify records and overfill its gas tank;
Mr. Noren is recognized for his strategic ability to successfully and aggressively resolve disputes, in an efficient and cost-conscious manner. He has a track record of developing and implementing creative solutions to complex legal problems.
Prior to joining DHC, he spent six years as an attorney for Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP, where he learned to manage all aspects of complex litigation. Mr. Noren began his legal career in public service for The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. In that capacity, he defended the Port Authority in six jury trials to verdict and brought a number of property damage/breach of contract cases, which won the Port Authority over 5 million dollars.